terms and conditions
Registration and confirmation
The binding registration for a trip is made in written form. Special requests, registrations under certain conditions, or verbal side agreements are only valid if they are confirmed in written form by the tour operator. The written registration represents an offer of contract, which only becomes a legally binding contract with the written confirmation of the organizer. Each applicant is jointly and severally liable to the organizer for the fulfillment of the contractual obligations of the persons registered by him/her.
Payment / Travel Documents
After registration you will receive the travel confirmation and the travel insurance certificate. Upon receipt of the travel confirmation/invoice and the security certificate, a deposit of 20% of the travel price must be paid. The remaining payment must be received by the tour operator at least 21 days before the start of the tour. If the booking is made at short notice, the full tour price must be paid immediately.
Cancellation of Guided Group Tours
If the minimum number of participants for our group tours is not reached, the tour operator can (but does not have to) withdraw from the travel contract up to 21 days before the start of the tour. In this case, the tour operator will inform the customer immediately. The customer receives the paid travel price back as a refund. Further claims on the part of the customer are excluded.
Cancellation of Group and Individual Tours
If the trip is considerably impeded, endangered or impaired as a result of force majeure which could not have been foreseen when the contract was concluded, both the tour operator and the customer may terminate the contract. If the contract includes return transport, the tour operator is obliged to take the necessary measures to return the traveler. The legal consequences result from the law.
COVID-19 Related Travel Impediments
Should the Office of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Germany declare a Travel Warning to affect your country / area of destination for the time of your booked tour, you will have the opportunity to re-book it fee-free for a later date.
Withdrawal from the Trip
The traveler has the option of withdrawing from the travel contract before the start of the journey. The date of receipt of the cancellation by the tour operator or travel agent is decisive. For reasons of preserving evidence, we recommend that you declare your withdrawal in writing. The following cancellation fees are due: 20% of the tour price in the event of cancellation up to 29 days prior to the start of the tour; 40% in the event of cancellation from 28 to 14 days prior to the start of the tour; 60% in the event of cancellation from 13 to 7 days prior to the start of the tour; 80% in the event of cancellation from 6 to 2 days prior to the start of the tour; 80% in the event of cancellation one day prior to the start of the tour or on the day of the start of the tour itself, as well as; 95% of the tour price in the event of non-arrival of the tour. If the customer misses the start of the journey, a connection, or is prevented from continuing the journey due to incomplete travel documents, this shall be regarded as withdrawal. If the costs associated with the cancellation are demonstrably higher than the flat cancellation costs stated above, these can be invoiced by the tour operator.
We recommend to all our tour participants that they take out travel cancellation insurance in any case!
The service descriptions in the written (email) exchange, brochure or on our webpage are decisive for the services to be provided by the organizer.
Changes of Services and Prices
The organizer is entitled to change the agreed content of the travel contract for legally permissible reasons. Changes and deviations of individual travel services from the agreed content of the travel contract, which become necessary after the conclusion of the contract and which are not caused by the organizer, are permissible, as long as these changes or deviations are not significant and do not significantly affect the overall nature of the booked trip.
The tour operator is liable within the scope of the duty of care of a prudent businessman for the conscientious travel preparation, for the careful selection of the service providers, and for the proper performance of the contractually agreed services up to a maximum of three times the tour price. The tour operator is not liable for damage caused by third parties, for damage caused by the tour operator’s own fault or because the tour operator’s instructions were not followed. Place of jurisdiction is Bremen, Germany.
All travelers who are citizens of EU member states only need a valid identity card or a passport. Citizens of other countries will require valid passports and, possibly, visas to enter the EU. For complete information regarding entry requirements and travel documentation for your country / countries of destination, please consult the relevant embassy / consulate.
Status: February 2022
According to the German law, our Tours offered fall into the category of “Package Tours”. Therefore, please take note of the following:
Form for informing the traveler in the case of a package tour in accordance with Section 651a of the German Civil Code (Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch)
The combination of travel services offered to you is a package holiday within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/2302, therefore you can benefit from all EU rights that apply to package holidays. The Pilgino company bears full responsibility for the proper implementation of the entire package tour.
In addition, the Pilgino company has the legally required coverage for the refund of your payments and, if transportation is included in the package, to ensure your return transportation in case of its insolvency.
Main rights under Directive (EU) 2015/2302:
- Travelers receive all essential information about the package before the conclusion of the package travel contract.
- There is always at least one entrepreneur liable for the proper provision of all travel services included in the contract.
- The travelers are provided with an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point to contact the tour operator or travel agency.
- The travelers may transfer the package tour to another person – within a reasonable period of time and possibly at additional cost.
- The price of the package may be increased only if certain costs (for example, fuel prices) increase and if this is expressly provided for in the contract, in any case no later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the package price, the traveler may withdraw from the contract. If a tour operator reserves the right to increase the price, the traveler has the right to reduce the price if the corresponding costs are reduced.
- Travelers may withdraw from the contract without paying a withdrawal fee and receive a full refund of all payments if any of the essential elements of the package tour other than the price is significantly changed.
- If the operator responsible for the package cancels the package before it begins, travelers are entitled to a refund and, under certain circumstances, compensation.
- Travelers may cancel the contract without paying a cancellation fee if extraordinary circumstances arise before the start of the package, for example, if there are serious security problems at the destination that are likely to affect the package.
- In addition, travelers may withdraw from the contract at any time before the start of the package tour upon payment of a reasonable and justifiable withdrawal fee.
- If, after the start of the package tour, essential elements of the package tour cannot be carried out as agreed, reasonable other arrangements shall be offered to the traveler at no additional cost. The traveler may withdraw from the contract without paying a withdrawal fee (in the Federal Republic of Germany this right is called “cancellation”) if services are not provided in accordance with the contract and this has a significant impact on the provision of the contractual package tour services and the tour operator fails to remedy the situation.
- The traveler is entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation if the travel services are not provided or not provided properly.
- The tour operator shall provide assistance to the traveler if the latter is in difficulty.
- In the event of the insolvency of the tour operator or, in some Member States, the travel agent, payments are refunded. If the insolvency of the tour operator or, where relevant, the travel agent occurs after the start of the package tour and the transportation is part of the package tour, the return transportation of the travelers shall be guaranteed.
- Pilgino has taken out insolvency insurance with Schmetterling International GmbH & Co. KG. The travelers can contact Schmetterling International GmbH & Co. KG (Geschwand 131, D-91286 Obertrubach-Geschwand, Tel. +49 (0) 9197 62 82 – 100, E-Mail: email@example.com) if they are denied services due to Pilgino’s insolvency.